Dr. Isaac Gang is an Associate Professor at George Mason's Volgenau's School of Engineering, MS Data Analytics Program. He joined the Mason's VSE faculty in the Fall of 2020 from Texas A&M University-Commerce where he served as an Assistant Professor of Computer Science as well as the Department’s Outreach Coordinator. Before coming to TAMUC, Gang was an Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor and an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Computing before joining UMHB. His current and primary teaching responsibilities at Mason largely involves Data Analytics Graduate Capstones, and a mix of CS and AIT courses within the School.
Dr. Gang is a former DOE grant winner, President & Board Member of Association of Computer Educators in Texas (ACET), Industry Advisory Board (IAB) Coordinator, and the Director of CS For All. His primary research agenda involves Big Data/Analytics, Cyber Security (Ransomware & Steganography), and Image/Signal Processing.
- PhD, Computational Science, 2010: University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS
- MS, Computer Science, 2008: University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- BS, Computer Science, 2005: University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Image/Signal Processing
- Big Data/Analytics
- Cyber/Information Systems Security
- Computer Science Education